This screen is useful when you need to update timesheet details in bulk, it eliminates the need to open and edit the individual users’ timesheets.
This timesheet maintenance screen is most typically used in the following situations:
- Updating Employee rates
- Editing Stage/Task or Activities that have been incorrectly assigned
- Changing the job code an employee is assigning time to
- To check if/when timesheets have been billed and
- To check which invoice the WIP has been assigned to
- To obtain data not available in performance reports for specific employees, in particular, to view timesheet data for employees who are no longer current.
Sometimes you have leftover time for a job/project that you just can’t invoice. The best way to clear that time is to write it off.
You can do this in two ways:
Write Off All Time
Write Off Partial Time
The Timesheet Entries report shows : timesheet comments, timesheet units and the total charge/cost extension for each timesheet line. It also provides detailed entries for employee and company disbursements.
There are quite a few variations on the ‘basic’ timesheet entries report with options for lots of different filters, groups and sub-groupings.
A new survey came out last month – the Trends & Challenges in Architecture and Engineering International Report 2014* and it had some most interesting (but perhaps not surprising) statistics.
Architecture and Engineering firms throughout Australia and New Zealand are missing out on invoicing up to 30 percent of billable hours. According to the survey, almost three quarters of businesses indicated they recovered only 61-80 % of billable hours.
Loss of billable hours is a common challenge for all time based billing professionals, regardless of whether you bill on the basis of time engaged or a fixed price contract. It’s a challenge that needs to be constantly managed.
As well as looking at how much was billed each month end we recommend you look at your write off percentages. Use one of the WIP reports from Performance Reports > Management Analysis:
- WIP Write-offs and Write-ons by Invoice
- WIP Write-offs and Write-ons by Project, or
- Write-offs and Write-ons by Project and Invoice are all good places to start.
The Unbilled Work Quick Summary is always our first stop for a pre-billing report.
It’s accessed from two places in Abtrac
- Invoice Management> Reports> Unbilled Work Quick Summary
- Performance Reports> Invoices >Unbilled Work Quick Summary