Most of the high use screens in Abtrac are data entry tables (data grids).
The support team are often asked simple questions about searching, filtering and getting things just right – particularly when you are starting out using AbtracOnLine.
- The way the grids and columns in each screen are displayed can be customised for all users by an administrator
- All grids can be filtered and sorted as a one-off at any time
- Some grids (like timesheets) can also be customised at a user level
- Each Abtrac user can also choose how many rows they see – for all the grids accessed under their login
- Using Grid Layout anyone can save their own specific layouts (including filtering and grouping) on certain screens
In this article we’ve included some tricks to filtering and sorting, and a few handy ‘everyday use’ tips for using Abtrac Grids…
In the desktop version of Abtrac, Abtrac 5 there are three options for finding Client and Project details.
Find Contact is a quick and simple pop-up, useful when you know what you are looking for.
The Search screen allows you to preview a wide selection of Clients, Contacts and Projects data. It also links to the Projects Snapshot Summary which is a handy quick view of the latest timesheets, invoices, notes and work planning for a project.
Browse Projects is focused more at the project than the client level and includes current WIP details and Project Listing reports.
In AbtracOnLine you can search and quickly access a range of project related data from Clients, Contacts & Projects > Search.
The Search screen allows you to preview a wide selection of Clients, Contacts and Projects data.
It’s also a handy place to browse information before drilling down to specific client details.