It is possible to assign multiple jobs/projects to an invoice where a client has multiple jobs/projects belonging to them.
You use this feature to write off time or to create a single invoice with multiple jobs.
- Create a new invoice or load an invoice for a client that has multiple jobs/projects. Go to Invoices >> Load Invoices
- One job will be selected to start with. This will be the ‘master job’ for the invoice.
- You can select a subsequent job to assign to the invoice, using the combo box (shown below).
- With that new job selected, create a new invoice line and assign any time to the new invoice line.
- The line could be totally blank i.e. no narration and no amount assigned
- Or the line can have amounts and narrations as per a standard invoice
Getting started with your invoicing normally starts with a few reports to see who you are invoicing and for how much. This can then be checked with job (project) managers to confirm they are ready to invoice the clients and if they are happy with the amounts.
There are two basic reports that can get you going. Unbilled Work Quick Summary and Timesheet Entries.
Sometimes you have leftover time for a job/project that you just can’t invoice. The best way to clear that time is to write it off.
You can do this in two ways:
Write Off All Time
Write Off Partial Time
With AbtracOnline, you can assign a different status to an invoice, so your team knows where you are up to with its creation. Examples of these statuses can be Draft, Returned for Edits, Approved, Committed.
This is helpful when there is a team of people creating an invoice, but one final person signing off on the contents of the invoice.
In AbtracOnLine you can email invoices directly, without the need for email software.
In most cases AbtracOnLine is ready to go with Google Chrome and does not require any additional configuration. However, on occasion, a browser may block AbtracOnLine downloads.
If you are having trouble downloading multiple pdfs from AbtracOnLine – such as invoices – you may need to enable abtraconline.com as an exception to your browser security settings.