This screen is useful when you need to update timesheet details in bulk, it eliminates the need to open and edit individual users timesheets.
This timesheets maintenance screen is most typically used in the following situations:
- Updating Employee rates
- Editing Stage/Task or Activities that have been incorrectly assigned
- Changing the job code an employee is assigning time to
- To check if/when timesheets have been billed and
- To check which invoice the WIP has been assigned
- To obtain data not available in performance reports for specific employees, in particular, to view timesheet data for employees who are no longer current.
Employee Charge Rates in Abtrac can be as simple or as flexible as required.
It’s possible to enter unique charge rates for specific clients, jobs, projects, tasks, stages or activities. These unique rates will override the default charge rate for the specified employees (or in the case of activities the rates will apply for all employees)
Here’s how to ensure you have the right charge rates in the right location for your billing requirements.
There’s a bit of a hierarchy as to which rate is applied when, read on for details.
To ensure your profitability reports are as accurate as they can be, it’s a good idea to review your employee cost rates regularly. The new year is as good a time as any to check your management data is up to date.
Employee records are stored in the System Management module under System Management > Administrator > Employees.
Here you can store information only accessible to Administrators, including contact details, charge and cost rates. This is also where you assign a timesheet hierarchy and other employee settings. Once you’ve entered Employee Details you’ll then need to set up user rights and log in details from the Edit Users screen.