You can set up the link between Abtrac and MYOB in less than 10 minutes following the instructions below, or if you call the support team we’d be happy to help you get underway.
before you start to configure your accounts link with MYOB AccountRight Live.
Once you are ready to set up the integration: From Administration > Settings > Invoice Settings > choose Accounting Interface Settings.
Then choose the option for MYOB AccountRight Live.
To configure your integration you’ll need to set some more specific preferences for MYOB AccountRight.
Company File Credentials
Your Company File name, and a valid user name and password* will need to be specified.
The Company File name must be an exact match to your MYOB subscription.
*If your Company File user is set to sign on to your accounts using their my.MYOB credentials then you do not need to supply their company file password in Abtrac.
The user will need to have been set up in MYOB with administrative access (read and write Cards, Sales to your file, and will need to also have a my.myob login.
MYOB Interface Preferences
Choose the delivery status of invoices uploaded.
Adding Clients and Jobs
You can choose to add clients and jobs entered in Abtrac to MYOB at the same time as invoices are uploaded.
Clients can be matched using:
- Abtrac Client ID to MYOB Card ID
- Abtrac Client Name to MYOB Customer Name
- Abtrac Name on Invoice to MYOB Customer Name
*When choosing either name option you will need to be aware that any minor misspellings/spelling changes on client names (or names on invoices) could result in duplicate records in MYOB.
By default the Journal Memo in MYOB is populated with ”Sale; MYOB Customer Name”. This Memo displays on payments and as the description field in MYOB statements.
In Abtrac you can choose to upload to MYOB and display the name of the task associated with the first invoice line with a task for that invoice instead. If when Journal Memo= Task in Abtrac but an uploaded invoice has no associated tasks then the system will instead display ” – ”
You can enter as many tax codes and associated tax rates as required, however only two codes will apply to invoices by default (those for revenue and those for tax free revenue).
Any additional tax codes entered can be selected for individual invoices, or individual invoice lines from the tax code drop down. In some instances you may need to change the tax settings for individual invoices from edit invoice details first.
Account Codes & Invoice Settings
For the accounts upload to function you must link an invoice setting with an accounts interface setting. An invoice setting may only be linked to one accounting interface setting.
You can enter as many accounts codes as required, however only one code will apply to invoices by default.
Any additional accounts codes entered can be selected for individual invoices, or individual invoice lines from the GL Account Code drop down. You can apply GL Account Codes to all invoice lines by choosing from edit invoice details, or on a line by line basis as required.
Once your accounts integration is set up this article on using the Abtrac-Accounts link is also a useful read.
Notes on the MYOB AccountRightLive integration
- MYOB AccountRight has a character limit on some text fields. Where the characters in your Abtrac invoices are greater than those available in MYOB the integration will truncate the data imported to fit.
- In order for the link to be made between Abtrac and MYOB your MYOB Company file must be online (Checked In)
- Only one invoice email recipient will be imported to MYOB
- It’s possible to choose to add clients to MYOB using the invoice import, any minor misspellings/spelling changes on client names could result in duplicate records in MYOB.
- Job/Project details will only be added to MYOB if the upload invoice lines with Job codes option is also selected
Abtrac KB# 2074