It’s the little things that matter. And we understand how annoying it is to keep changing little things each time you log in, or for each different screen. If you’re new to Abtrac we also understand that you’re keen to get settled in as soon as possible and want to have everything just how you like it. That’s normal and the support team is happy to suggest ideas and settings in both Abtrac 5 and AbtracOnLine to help you get things ‘just so’…
Next time you log in to AbtracOnLine have a look at the Edit My Settings option:
These are your User Specific Settings.
You can save your preferred settings for lots of little things like:
- How big or small the tables in Abtrac are.
- Which timesheet layout you like, how it is sorted, and how the codes are displayed.
- How to view scheduled work
- Where to send copies of any documents you email from Abtrac
Because Abtrac5 is desktop software there’s greater scope to remember your previous settings and layouts. As such when you log out of a session in Abtrac5 your display and filter settings for many screens are automatically saved within that specific desktop installation.
Even so (and especially with the rise of hot desking and shared work stations) it’s useful to define favourite settings specific to your own login, rather than to your desktop.
In Abtrac5 from the Login Menu choose My Settings.
From here you can chose to:
- Remember your login name on startup
- Skip the Homepage and immediately jump to the page you use most often when logging in
- Define your preferred timesheet layout
- Enable the Search screen automatically for the Clients and Jobs page
Like AbtracOnLine once defined these settings are saved specifically for your Abtrac5 login across the system.
Abtrac KB# 2053